Week 1: vocabulary - the alphabet

Week 1: vocabulary - the alphabet



All of us know that being the fist group to present and perform a class for the first time is not an easy job. Nervousness and other factors affect a lot while we are in front of the students; that's why I consider that the first group was very brave. They broke the ice.
Nevertheless, there were many details that affected in different ways the first class. Firstly, children were sat down most of the time. According to some experts, the average of children's attention span is short; children could be able to focus on an activity for 10 to 25 minutes. If we just have children sit down, they may get distracted or bored easily. 

For example, in the warm-up activity, I consider that the openning of the class had to be more creative. It had been good if children move, sing or perform any other activity that requires a lot of effort and movement for them. Remember that children love to play and move.




Secondly, there was an activity that children had to match one element to another. In this exercise students didn't compare among them. It would had been better if the group apply the "think-pair-share" technique because whenever they compare with their classmates, students learn to work as a whole group; besides, they socialize with the class.
Finally in the production stage the teachers asked children to use a question that they didn't teach how to use it. When the task was assigned, children didn't know what to do. So, if teachers had performed the oral activity to the class, I am for sure that they would do it perfectly.
Furthermore, it would had been better if a pair of students performed in front of the class to asses if they have comprehended the topic.


Despite of negative things, there were positive ones. What I did like at the beginning of the class was that David tried to make children feel comfortable by talking to them; that's why I consider that children remember David's name. Besides, David and Jocelyn performed the greetings which I consider good because that is a nice way in which children can remember how and when to use the greetings in a real-life situation. And the last but not least was the attitude along the class. The enthusiasm that they projected was good; it even seemed that they weren't nervous. Having a nice attitude in the class changes completely the atmosphere, and children could feel comfortable and relaxed while they learn.



                                                              




Comentarios

  1. ohh my gosh!! hahaha!

    thank you Paola, I will take your advice into account for the next time. I am really glad you share your point of view about my class, I appreciate your time because you have summarized all the details from each class´s stage and I like your spelling in the redaction of this blog. I am enthusiastic knowing that i have excellent classmates, and going back to the comment . I know we made any kind of mistakes and let me tell i will make the effort not doing them again. It is time to hit the books harder and learn from our errors. Thanks for your advice again, I made a list form the things a have to improve thanks for helping me, and I am really looking forward to seeing you giving the class, I know you will do it fine!!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares